23 January 2009

Dave In America - 1 - Making friends on the plane


With my family we watched Obama's inauguration until about midnight. Afterward I finished my packing and left the house about 4:00 in the morning. I took the Clifford bus to the Garden Hotel, a taxi to Tienhe where I got an airport bus to the airport. My plane left Guangzhou at 8:30 AM and arrived in Tokyo at 1:40 PM (Japan time).

PRACTICE YOUR ENGLISH: Sitting next to me were a couple guys I made friends with. Watch the video to learn how easy it is to make friends with people on the plane. Can you understand what we were talking about? Where do they live? What do they do? Their English was great. Practice your English by listening to them. Could you talk to people and make friends in the same way?



I got on another plane, a big 747-400 that holds about 400 people and we took off at 2:30 PM.

Sitting next to me was a cute little girl, 10 months old. I made friends with her and her daddy. See the photo above.

After a long flight arrived in Detroit at 12:30 PM. Altogether, the trip took about 17 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment